Backup TopBraid Live
- Stop your TBL server, because the backup must occur offline.
- Backup your entire workspace, by performing a tar or zip operation on it.
- Backup your configured database (TDB, RDBMS, or MarkLogic). Note: This step depends on what persistence store you have configured, e.g., see your RDBMS manufacturer's website for more information. NOTE: Be sure to backup the correct database/schema, as configured for your TBL server per TBL Administration: Configuring the active database type for new asset collections.
- Store these two files together offline.
- Start TBL backup once all of the above steps have been completed.
Restore TopBraid Live
- Stop TBL server.
- Locate and delete your current TBL workspace. The workspace location is stored in the web.xml file.
- Replace the existing TBL workspace with your backed-up copy.
- Restore your database from the backup.
- Before starting TBL confirm that your TBL is set up to point at your newly restored database. This can be done by editing [Workspace]/server.topbraidlive.org/dynamic/config.ttl and confirming settings, e.g., the URL points at the newly restored database.
- Start TBL server.
Backup and Recovery of Supported Relational Databases (RDBMS)